Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Ark - Breaking Up With God


"Find my own heaven alive"

I don't usually post on weekends, but what would an Ark tribute be without a reveal of their new single? I've been listening to this for several days now, and I can safely say that this is up with their best material. While I was disappointed with their last album, this is truly a return to form. It's a combination of all of their best sounds -- epic glam rock, 80's style disco, and thoughtful, uplifting lyrics both skewering and celebrating religion. It's a brilliant way to end their career (love those choirs and guitars in the middle eight) and really makes the whole idea of a band break-up that much more bittersweet. I wasn't sure they still had this kind of song in them (production from the man behind In Lust We Trust certainly helps). This is the song I've been waiting for!

Breaking Up With God by theark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single (worldwide) here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment