Monday, January 10, 2011

Starts with Tears, Ends with Zucchini

Well, my day started yesterday with two personnel crises, and I worked on personnel items.

Back to the shrink. It's been a month due to holidays. And just in time, too.

I then swung into three interviews for Manager of the Condo. No Zombies this time!

The first person was our Choice # 2. She was great, but I don't think she's working for what we're paying. It was obvious though: she could whip this place in shape, including the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with one hand tied behind her back.

I kept thinking of Goldfrapp's song: I'm in Love with your Strict Machine. Not that she showed up in this get-up for the interview, LOL!

Goldfrapp - Strict Machine
Uploaded by Rian2k. - Watch more music videos, in HD!

The next man was our # 4 (#3 couldn't make it) and would have been great, except staff would have eaten him alive. We still have Zombies left, you know. I liked him but it would be cruel to hire him. He's not ready for the stuff we have.

The third man was our favorite before interviews. # 1!! And he was not quite there. He rambled too much, and I think he came out of a bad job situation that still has him shaken. We don't need him shaken: we need him stirred. He just couldn't stay on point--although it was obvious he knew plenty.

But I'm really glad that we're getting the kind of candidates we're getting.

After that, we had a personnel meeting. After that, we had an argument. After that, we made up. After that, it was 11:00 p.m. and I came upstairs and had dinner. I did not have lunch. I'm not sure I had breakfast.

However, all seems to be hanging in for the moment. We may be better off. All of these candidates, even the poor gentleman that wasn't quite ready--was head and shoulders above Zombie Boss. So things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment