Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Move Along, Baby

Okay, when I get down to fish hatcheries, you guys Know I am stumped for an appropriate subject.

Truth is, I am making so many tiny, insignificant changes right now that add up to the huge, but . . . the fish hatchery is more interesting.  What. I cleaned the toaster? You want to know this? Well, I don't want to tell you.

So today I rode Miss Ellen AND I took a walk. I was over at one of the neighborhood hubs, you know: drug store, bank, park, traffic, used book store (destination).  I swear I felt someone lightly pressing against my back. My husband.

I started to cry. Not bawl, please. But just weep. It struck me that the person who had been most disrespected in this whole thing was my husband. Nobody wanted to talk about him. They didn't want me to be sad. They want him to be over.  They wanted that about two days after.

This loneliness I know is not a disrespect to me. Well, it is. But mostly to him. And that's why I can't let it go.

But today, there's this light pressure on my back.

Getting all kinds of stuff done (not the toaster, actually). And I think I was a good wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment