Thursday, March 4, 2010

Miss Ellen is Flat

Okay, I am clearing things out and up for Spring. This is one big issue that takes the bloom off for me.

I bought a used bicycle. I am not fond of flashy urban transportation. It generally gets stolen. This bike is from the mid-sixties, I think, with a cracked saddle seat and very smooth (3) gears and pedal action. Stickers from Amsterdam. Miss Ellen got around.

I do not generally name my transportation, either, because they are just supposed to get on with it, you know. But Miss Ellen charmed me. Unfortunately she doesn't have that same joie de vivre she used to have.

So a bike ride means I walk the bike many blocks to a city gas station and pay for air. I ride briskly, we go home, and she deflates once out of public view.

What to do. She's got new tubes, and some kind of liner in her rims to protect the tubes. Do I have to spring for new rims? Advice please, if you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment