Saturday, May 15, 2010

National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial: Candlelight Vigil

The weather was cool and almost felt rainy. I've uploaded ten pictures, nine below the jump. I hope they convey some of what it was like on Thursday evening.




Wreaths lined the back of the memorial. This is the one from Baltimore PD.


Another more personal one.


A good turnout, too, and I wanted to show that many officers from different agencies stood together.



Just as their memorials showed the diversity of interest, experience, and ways to lay tribute.



Both Canada and the United Kingdom sent delegations.


The Honor Guard.



A volunteer and two 'plain clothes officers'. After Lakewood and the attacks in Hemet, I did not want to identify people, so this is as much face as you get.

Candles: Held close, then raised by all to the spirit and life of the departed, in tribute and in hope.


Rest in peace officers. I can say you are not forgotten. I saw this myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment