Monday, May 17, 2010

Miss Ellen Wants a Calculating Rogue

Considering that the Darling Miss Ellen could barely get her motor to churn for fifteen minutes: she is now making forays into distance. I think (after calculations which would no doubt faze a Rocket Scientist) we are now trekking 8 to 10 miles on a weekend jaunt.  This is because the motor has toned up and tuned up. Miss Ellen has also lost 20 pounds of freight.

You may congratulate me on the freight. Seven to go.

And I may have found a Track of sorts: a place where, unlike city traffic, one can more or less keep a constant speed and heart rate. This might work out for us until perhaps October. Miss Ellen's Hathaway-Issue Motor always stutters and gives up when it's cold.

Today Miss E. informed me that I am a Replacement Motor--remember, she has been to Amsterdam without me, where she enjoyed herself thoroughly--and that Replacements can also be Replaced.   I told her that I would festoon her with gym towels or Drying Laundry this winter unless she got a proper attitude.

In the meantime, we are going to try for more ten-milers and trend to more, farther, faster. We are in need of a Rocket Scientist to perform distance calculations. The rocket part we are going to take care of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment