Thursday, February 11, 2010

Surferosa - Monster Bitch


"Monsters coming and they're gonna rip your heart"

Apparently, I'm not going to leave Norway this week! Yet another track from the country today...this time a b-side I never knew existed from one of my favorite bands. Exciting! Surferosa released this as part of the album Grusomme L�ter, which is a soundtrack for the animated movie Kurt Blir Grusom (Kurt Turns Evil) about a forklift operator that "turns vicious" (!). The song itself has a horror-movie influence to it, with dark, dramatic strings added to the already frenetic Surferosa sound. As usual with these guys, attitude and energy trump deep, soul-searching lyrics, but who cares? It's fun stuff. This is one of those bands that can really do no wrong in my mind, though they're criminally under-appreciated outside of Scandinavia (and Norway, specifically). I haven't heard any news about upcoming releases, but they've been remarkably consistent since their debut album, so I'm hoping there's more to come.

Surferosa - Monster Bitch by tattoowesley

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the soundtrack here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment