Monday, December 7, 2009

Aura - I Will Love You Monday (365)

"Running around and going nowhere"

Aura Dione's been riding high on the charts in Denmark for some time now, but I haven't paid her much attention because her singles thus far were a little downtempo for me. Now, though, she's come out with I Will Love You Monday, a ridiculously catchy trifle that is deservedly finding much success in Europe. It's the type of song that could become annoying pretty quickly (and sounds like it should be in a commercial) but is absolutely irresistible at the same time. I'm not even sure how to describe it. It has that Winehouse/Duffy 60's sound to it, but it's much stranger than that, and certainly more frenetic. The "dum dum dee" parts are just inescapable, and although the song's a totally different beast, reminiscent of Miley Cyrus' Hoedown Throwdown. Seriously, though, there's nothing Disney about this.

Aura - I Will Love You Monday

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter at nickajames)

No comments:

Post a Comment