Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Public Private Ann T.

I'm posting a lot on this blog and reading a lot in other blogs. It's almost ridiculous, but I have reasons.

I started this blog on private mode, but that doesn't work for an extrovert. I wanted to write something polished, something that could stand up to the final scrutiny, to help me examine my life and all life.

It's working. I've done the smart and stupid. That doesn't change with public scrutiny, I already knew that part. But I'm re-visiting a heightened level of engagement, here and with other writers. I need that heightened engagement back.

So now, off-blog, I am writing about what changed that. Maybe that will show up here too. But not now. It has to stand up to public scrutiny, by which I mean engagement with the world, in the right way. It has to offer something.

So far the stories are all about the past. And they are also about the future . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment