Monday, November 16, 2009

Inefficiency 6,000--Treasurer, Zero

So, I found out this weekend that the condo community is very angry about the upcoming budget hikes.

I am not surprised, exactly. I am now working on a PowerPoint, but I can't help but be cynical. If you have to fight with clip art as your weapon, you're already screwed. It's great for presenting new stuff, but not good to hide behind.

We already had a "Budget Feedback Meeting", but not too many people came. I didn't think they would, but I hoped they would. It was the first ever of such meetings. I wanted feedback. Failing that, I wanted a shield.

The real issue is rumored to be delivery of service, and I am right there with my constituency.  I have pushed, I have prodded, I have communicated daily. I have left management alone to get the work done. Other board members have done the same. But we are a volunteer board. We want our manager to do the prioritizing. And some implementing.

But he's not. And in my opinion, his staff is taking advantage. Grossly. Been saying that for a year.

So, Tuesday is coming: the annual meeting. I am up for election. So are three others.

This is a tempest in a teapot, a little city of 271 homes. 271 small families or individuals who just want hot water, a roof that doesn't leak (!), a garage door that doesn't wake them up at night when somebody comes home late.

So, that PowerPoint . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment