Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Top 20 Albums of 2010: 14-13

14. Ola Svensson - Ola



He�s given us some of the best pop songs of the last decade, but I�ve never enjoyed an entire album of Ola�s material. This changed that. If he�d stuck to the Nilsson/Bassflow combo for the entire album (they�ve penned and produced most of his hits), we could be talking about a collection of songs that could have easily made my top three. Instead, he went for a more American urban pop sound, which worried me at first. Luckily, even though most of the material doesn�t come close to matching his best stuff, this was an album of great contemporary pop. He�s still got one of the best and most recognizable voices for the genre.

Facebook

13. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream



No album on my countdown as spawned (and will continue to spawn) so many top ten hits. Like it or not, this is a career-defining pop album and will be looked back on as the sound of 2010. There are so many hits here, and so many yet to come. I wasn�t a fan of Perry�s debut at all, but she upped her game by working with the best commercial producers and compiling a tracklist of colorful, critic-proof material. I hate the term �guilty pleasure,� but I think it most definitely applies here. It�s rare in this day and age to hear an album where every song could be a single.

Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment