Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That Happy-Go Lucky Stuff

This is just a short note, because I am enmeshed in Projects. Somehow, without noticing, I have become a one-woman photography archive. I've got this digital camera and I've never printed any of them.

Well, it's really easy. Who knew modern life actually had some improvements? I am never going to print every photograph again. As it was, I printed too many. But I popped together three small albums.

I am ashamed to tell you guys that I have a complete 36-page photo album of manhole covers, cigarette butts, broken Bic pens in rain puddles, and brick-layer's patterns. The things you see by walking with your head down. Who knew?

It's my favorite. And to think it all started with a manhole cover that says D.C. Sl-ts.  I had no idea concrete had all those colors, either.

The next album goes to my therapist, our last session is Thursday. It's a little review-by-snapshot of the past six months. I hope she enjoys it. It was fun to make. I use 4 x 6 cards (white, unlined) and write the captions and slide them next to the pictures.

As this is a clinic, I will get someone new, not be able to interview them first, and wait indefinitely for this replacement to show up. This all worked the first time, so I am trying for a good attitude. I'm going to miss this lady. She's been way good for me, and was old enough to know about real life. I hope they don't get me some effervescent, wide-eyed do-gooder.  Please, dear Lord, find me a cynic.

But nothing's going to stop me now, you know.
I have to get cracking, more deadlines. See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment