Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Am Arrows - Green Grass


"Everybody loves you"

Borne from Razorlight (who I think is still going, right?), comes the brilliant new pop group I Am Arrows. Andy Burrows, former Razorlight drummer (like that tells you much), put this group together and this is their single, an electro-tinged, acoustic-oriented pop song. I know that description probably sounds a bit convoluted, but the song's a difficult thing to classify. What it does have, though, is a great hook and strummy, sun-drenched feel to it. It's a little like Scissor Sisters if they were forced to reign themselves in a bit. There's a definite classic 60's sound to it--a little bit folksy, a little experimental. It's exactly what indie pop should sound like right now, and about as far away from Razorlight as you could get.

I Am Arrows - Green Grass by tattoowesley

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment