Monday, April 2, 2007

Sopho Khalvashi - My Story (Visionary Dream)



"Sailin' through my story"

I�ve briefly perused most of the Eurovision entries this year, sizing up the Ark�s competition. And, although most suck, I�m quite taken with teeny country Georgia�s first entry. My Story (Visionary Dream), by singer Sopho Khalvashi, has an extremely interesting and (at least for Eurovision) unique sound. Think Deep Forest meets Bjork-lite, meets hyper-experimental Abba. On top of all of that, it�s an extremely catchy track� more so with each listen. Don't be put off at first. The track sounds completely different than most stuff I post here, but it gets far more interesting as it goes on. While I don�t think it�ll do very well amongst all the straight ahead pop, it�ll at least stand out. And, it�s about one billion times better than that stupid vampire song from Switzerland, but really what isn�t? (well�. Scooch, I suppose)

Sopho Khalvashi - My Story (Visionary Dream) (mp3) (zshare)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists! Preorder this track on the Eurovision album here)

No comments:

Post a Comment