Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tomorrow is Another Day

Well, that's Scarlet O'Hara. I would have said tomorrow is another BIG day, because:
I meet my new therapist.
(Was there ever a point when we could NOT think that Vivian Leigh had issues?)

I've been a week between, which is not all so much, but I didn't want to break down progress. I think I may even have made some on my own (all progress is made on your own, anyway--no therapist can make you do squat. But they can help you re-frame your troubles so that you can move forward.)

In December or late November last year, I walked into assessment in complete and utter self-defeat. I will have at least two triumphant (but small) stories to recount on Monday. All that small stuff adds up to big stuff. I just have to keep moving. Nothing is going to stop me from winning my life back.

My next victory will be to be completely ready for the Condo Board next week. That will take some doing.

So I'll be dipping in and out with extra stories, but I have to get this done. Once it's done, I can concentrate on other, more personally relevant things.  Such as be more dynamic and more helpful, more interesting. Back to my novels, getting them out, things like that. All you first responders that I read have changed some of the implications in my already-written work. I plan to do some corrections. They will still be too much like the movies, but I think they will be more true to your gallantry, your despair, and your loyalty.

This Thursday there's a meet and greet at the lobby about personal and building security, hosted by our own volunteer committee. It's headed by a military doc who has a huge sense of community. Can't wait to see her. She is alive in every sense of the word. That's what I expect of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment