Monday, May 25, 2009

My Review of Doctor Who's: "Tonight's The Night"

Written by Russell T. Davies
Directed by Alice Troughton

Sao Til: �The TARDIS is mine.�
Jack: �The TARDIS belongs to The Doctor.�
Sao Til: �But I am the Doctor. Don�t you recognise me?�

Okay by reviewing this scene, I am probably proving one or two things that a) I really am obsessed with Doctor Who or b) that I have way too much time on my hands. I can�t see either generating positive responses from people.

Usually I wouldn�t watch Tonight�s The Night, even though I like John Barrowman as much as the next person but when there�s a special Doctor Who, it�s enough to get me to cave in and watch it.

This little beauty was a nice little TARDIS scene with Captain Jack fighting the not remotely evil Sao Til, who wanted control of the TARDIS but it�s not like Jack was going to allow that.

If there was a chance that viewers were supposed to take the scene seriously, it went to pot the second David Tennant showed up and warned John Barrowman that the TARDIS was his. Like a buffoon, I did get a little giggle out of the scene and I have to admire the winner Tim Ingham for getting to have his dream come true. You certainly can�t begrudge the lad.

- The title sequence had John Barrowman, David Tennant and Tim Ingham in that order.
- Sao Til was an arms dealer and Jack noted that blue was a turn on for him. Chantho in �Utopia� was also blue.
- We got some nice little interviews with David Tennant and Russell T. Davies on helping Tim fulfil a dream.
- Perhaps they could add this as a DVD extra for �The Waters Of Mars� when it comes out.
- Tim Ingham is a drama student, according to one of the blogs I read.

Quote, Unquote

David Tennant: �Oh and John, another thing.�
John Barrowman: �Yeah?�
David Tennant: �My TARDIS. My TARDIS.�

�Tonight�s The Night� might not completely fill a big Doctor Who void until the next special but this was very silly and very enjoyable.

Rating: 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment