Friday, April 22, 2011

Wolf Gang - Something Unusual


"We'll be something out of this world"

Wolf Gang's debut album was originally planned for March, but unfortunately it's been pushed back to June (making for quite a busy May/June season for album releases). It's irritating because I want to hear the thing now. While initially a little skeptical, his music has grown on me immensely and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the full length emphasizes the "pop" portion of "indie pop." Something Unusual, a recently revealed album track, is from the MGMT school of pop. It's a slow-building, synth-dripped, slightly psychedelic sounding kaleidoscope. And I like it! Phew. I imagine driving around in the Summer listening to something like this. It's subtle enough to have real staying power, but it's not boring. That's a tricky line to walk in indie music.

Wolf Gang - Something Unusual by wolfgang

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment