Thursday, December 23, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve and Day

Ann T. wishes her readers a Very Nice Christmas.

Whether you believe or not, 
celebrate or not. 
Whether you are alone 
or have family or friends to celebrate with.
A very nice Christmas to you all.

To all: please don't drink and drive, or get stoned and drive. Call a ride or stay where you are.
If you are alone, plan against loneliness. It's a coping strategy. Plan for a good day.
--
I talked to a cab driver the other day, an immigrant from Ethiopia. His daughter is two years and four months old this Christmas. He can't wait to show her Christmas for the first time. He reported that she asked: "Daddy, what is a Christmas tree?" He was so proud.

"So I had to go get one, you know, to show her."
We talked a little bit about how exciting it was to view through her eyes. And I said parents do that a lot: they get excitement from their kids.

"Love pushes you," he said. "See, she pushed me, and now we have a tree, and everything."
He was thrilled.

They are having a traditional Christmas dinner, but also a lot of cakes, he told me. And maybe also some Italian food.

I love it. Write me if you want, and say what you are having and doing.
If you are having turkey, tell me what's in your stuffing. I collect stuffing stories all holiday season. Everybody does theirs differently. Next year I may start an official Ann T. survey!
--
My cats are having Turkey Surprise out of a can. We are having a play date.
I am having pancakes with maple syrup, sausage AND bacon for brunch, and then going out to take a lot of pictures. I bought a Michael Connelly novel and will read that. Then I think I might have a lot of cakes and Italian food. Or maybe just the cakes.

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment