Friday, July 2, 2010

Miss Ellen, Unchained and Well-Lit

Now that Miss Ellen has the dairy crate, the cats have decided they would like to take a ride. They jumped into Miss Ellen's booty and Miss Ellen went down.

So, on my way back from the World War Memorial, her chain came undone. That was a long walk. It was a lovely day, though, so it was no hardship. All the pedestrians were happy people and I passed a homeless man reading comic books. That was a beautiful sight, although I can't exactly explain why.

Yesterday I took Miss Ellen in to be re-chained. I love the bike store. You have never seen so many tattoos on skinny guys wearing black. All of them are pleasant and competent. I admired some aerodynamic bikes with custom cross-sections (nothing like Ellen, for sure), bought a headlight, and in general gave Miss Ellen some birthday glory.  We headed out, with speed and our own funky finesse once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment